County of Simcoe supports Kiwanis Children’s Village
Community Safety Resources for Youth
- Emergency 911
- OPP (Non Emergency) 1-888-310-1122
- Canadian Mental Health Assoc. CMHA (Mental Health, Substance use and Gambling) 1-888-329-5846
- Children’s Aid Society Crisis Line
- Child Advocacy Centre Simcoe/Muskoka 705-327-0118
- Crime Stoppers Canada 1-800-222-8477
- Food Bank – The Sharing Place
- Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868
- Lesbian Gay Bi Trans Youth Line 1-800-268-9688
- Orillia After Hours Medical Clinic 705-327-0578
- Orillia Soldiers Memorial Hospital 705-325-2201
- Orillia Youth Centre 705-325-8082
- Pregnancy Crisis Centre 705-326-8228
- Telehealth Ontario 1-866-797-0000
- Youth Mobile Crisis 705-728-5044 or 1-888-893-8333
Online Resources for Youth
- Canadian Centre for Child Protection
- Cybertip Canada’s tipline to report the online sexual exploitation of children
- Live chat with Counsellor Wed – Sun 6 P.M. to 2 A.M.
- Visit NeedHelpNow.ca for more information.
Donate today to help stop the spread of intimate images or videos and provided support.
The County of Simcoe presented a $2,000 cheque this week to the Kiwanis Club of Orillia’s Children Safety Village program.
Recognizing the need to create a safety program for our children that provides an interactive environment with hands-on training to address the current challenges for children in today’s world, a group of dedicated community members joined forces with the Kiwanis Club of Orillia to create Canada’s first portable Children’s Safety Village. The village travels to schools in the townships of Severn and Ramara, the City of Orillia, and Rama First Nation, and sets up in the school gymnasium for a week of safety training where the children learn how to live and play safely.