Bike Donation by Georgian Dental Orillia
Community Safety Resources for Youth
- Emergency 911
- OPP (Non Emergency) 1-888-310-1122
- Canadian Mental Health Assoc. CMHA (Mental Health, Substance use and Gambling) 1-888-329-5846
- Children’s Aid Society Crisis Line
- Child Advocacy Centre Simcoe/Muskoka 705-327-0118
- Crime Stoppers Canada 1-800-222-8477
- Food Bank – The Sharing Place
- Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868
- Lesbian Gay Bi Trans Youth Line 1-800-268-9688
- Orillia After Hours Medical Clinic 705-327-0578
- Orillia Soldiers Memorial Hospital 705-325-2201
- Orillia Youth Centre 705-325-8082
- Pregnancy Crisis Centre 705-326-8228
- Telehealth Ontario 1-866-797-0000
- Youth Mobile Crisis 705-728-5044 or 1-888-893-8333
Online Resources for Youth
- Canadian Centre for Child Protection
- Cybertip Canada’s tipline to report the online sexual exploitation of children
- Live chat with Counsellor Wed – Sun 6 P.M. to 2 A.M.
- Visit NeedHelpNow.ca for more information.
Donate today to help stop the spread of intimate images or videos and provided support.
Here we have a very happy Tanner D. of Regent Park School in Orillia, with his new bicycle generously donated by Dr. Tan of Georgian Dental in Orillia. Pictured with Tanner, is PC Martin HILL OPP, Donna-Lee Weller Salt, and Meghan of Georgian Dental. Tanner missed recess, but says missing recess was worth getting a new bike. One of the lessons taught on the safety village is specifically for the Grade 2’s. This lesson involves bike and road safety and is taught by an OPP officer. At the end of the lesson, the children think of a safety message they have learned and every Grade 2 student fills out a ballot for a chance to win the bike. Once the safety village has visited every school in our area, a draw is made for the winning ballot. Dr Tan has donated a bike each year for over six years to the Children’s Safety Village. Big smiles all around, and an exciting day for Tanner.